Thread: New tags for litrpg genre (from the point of view of the writer).

KKdemona
posted on
18:19 on 7 August

I am not sure how tags work here, but please add some of the following. They should clear up the litrpg genre without input from the admins, and update the existing list of tags. I am proposing:

1. Physics;
  2. Biology;
  3. Chemistry;
  4. Bioengineering;
  5. Genetics;
  6. Math (see Delve on Royalroad.com); I can go on, but the lack of those caused me, and my fellow writers, the worst headaches. Besides that:
  7. Alien-type tags (alien lifeforms, alien flora, alien fauna, etc.);
  8. Soft-sci-fi related tags (punk, hazard, apocalyptic events, revolution, industrial revolution, etc.);
  9. Psychological tags (madness, insomnia, visions);
  10. 'Xianxia' and 'Slice of life' genres have so many tags available in any possible flavor that it is becoming ridiculous ('bickering love', 'doting older siblings', 'emotionally strong female lead'... 'zaynmalik'? Seriously?). Meanwhile, we not only aren't able to find books that are more... scientific-oriented (be it fantasy, sci-fi, or any other genre), the super-specialized tags aren't even helpful. You already have a vast collection of generic tags like 'alchemy', 'dwarf', 'economics', 'gluttony', 'cosplay', 'death', 'debt'...for fu*** sake, even 'debugger'... And yet, there is nothing for such basic themes as biology or math? Something like physics, which should theoretically be a part of every respectful book in which the author planned out the world beforehand? We need those. Really. Please include some of those tags.